When it comes to male sexual health, nutrition plays a very important part of the equation. Inadequate amounts of certain nutrients can affect sexual health negatively.
There are different types of nutrients and foods which can be consumed to improve sexual functioning in men. A balanced, healthy diet can help boost sexual wellness.
Let us have a look at the nutritional aspects of male enhancement.
A healthy balanced diet includes an adequate amount of healthy fats. Most people generally ignore fats because of their negative portrayal by the media.
A Few Points To Remember:
- A diet having less than 20 – 30% of total calories from fat sources can negatively affect hormone production.
- This is due to the fact that fats are utilized for hormone production in the body.
- The hormonal breakdown eventually takes a toll on sexual functioning.
Some people experience a decline in sexual functioning even on a low carbohydrate diet. This could possibly be due to low energy levels experienced by consuming less carbs.
Micronutrients include vitamins, minerals, amino acids etc. They are required for healthy body function.
- Zinc is a mineral that is required in small quantities to execute bodily processes.
- Low zinc levels have been known to be detrimental to testosterone production.
- This decrease can eventually wreak your sexual functioning.
- Supplementing with zinc can be of help to people lacking zinc in their diet.
- Vitamin D3 is an essential micronutrient that is responsible for various physiological functions.
- A diet deficient in this nutrient can impact testicular health and testosterone production.
- This may lead to impaired sexual functioning.
Omega –3 Fatty Acids:
- These are extremely important for a wide variety of body functions.
- They have several neuroprotective, cognitive and sexual health benefits.
- A diet lacking these can impact sperm quality and nitric oxide production.
- Decreased nitric oxide production can lead to poor erectile function.
Antioxidants have a load of benefits for overall health. They can be helpful for male enhancement too.
The benefits from antioxidants are immense. They include neurological, immunity, hormonal and sexual health benefits.
Antioxidants are usually found in fruits and some vegetables. Some herbs also contain a significant amount of antioxidants.
Berries, certain nuts, fruits and dry fruits are antioxidant-rich foods.
Foods With Phytoestrogen
Certain plant foods contain excessive amounts of phytoestrogen. This a compound that mimics estrogen, which is known as the female sex hormone.
Foods that contain a large amount of these compounds may affect testosterone production in a negative way. Some clinical evidence strongly suggests this.
There are some studies in which foods containing high amounts of these have been shown to affect sperm production. So it is your best bet to stay away from such foods.
Foods With Xenoestrogen
Xenoestrogens can be found in numerous products, cosmetics and artificial foods. Usually, industrially manufactured foods contain these compounds.
Xenoestrogens too can affect testosterone production and impair testicular function. This can affect sexual well being.
One should avoid consuming heavily processed food items as these are usually laden with large amounts of these compounds.
Certain forms of prescription medicines that are given to treat diseases can cause sexual dysfunction. This is due to the side effects of these medications.
Many medications have side effects like Erectile Dysfunction(ED), reduced fertility, impaired testosterone production and poor sex drive associated with their usage.
If you are on some medications and suspect that you might have these side effects, you can check with your doctor for advice on safer usage or alternative treatments.
Some recreational drugs have been known to disrupt normal bodily functions. They cause addiction and dependency with prolonged usage.
These drugs also have many ill effects on the body. Some can impact fertility, erectile functioning and sex drive.
Do not consume any form of recreational drugs if you male enhancement is your goal.
Use Of Aphrodisiacs
There are numerous sexual health elixirs that can help better sexual performance. These have been known to safely enhance male sexual health.
Given are some examples:-
Horny Goat Weed Extract
- This aphrodisiac has been used for male enhancement for a very long time.
- It is one of the most commonly used aphrodisiacs.
- It can improve sexual desire, erectile functioning, stamina and testosterone levels.
- There are numerous studies showing it’s efficacy when it comes to male enhancement.
Saw Palmetto Berry
- It is an aphrodisiac which helps improve potency, sexual performance and testosterone levels.
- Men can benefit from its pro-sexual properties.
- It can be very beneficial for prostate health.
- It also has benefits for men suffering from hair fall.
Tongkat Ali Extract
- It is a very potent aphrodisiac that has sexual health benefits.
- It can boost virility in men and also improve energy levels.
- It is beneficial for testosterone levels, libido, sperm quality and even muscle gain.
- Tongkat Ali Extract may even benefit fat loss.
- It has historically been known to be a powerful aphrodisiac.
- It has tons of health benefits due to its rich nutritional value.
- Maca is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- An effective aphrodisiac for naturally boosting sexual health.
Consuming such aphrodisiacs can be a quite safe and effective method of male enhancement. Combining these ingredients can give you synergistic effects that can be even more effective.
If you are looking for a natural male enhancement formula that has a blend of such ingredients, you can click here.