Does your beard have itchy and dry skin underneath? Suffering from Beard Dandruff?
Don’t Give Up Just Yet you’ll be wearing those trendy black shirts in no time
Culprits of Beard Dandruff
Dry Skin and Fungal infections are the major cause of this reputation destroying issue with the former being the most common offender.
Washing your face with Harsh cleaning agents like your run of the mill generic soap might clean your face but are also responsible for causing the naturally occurring oils on your skin to be washed away and causing dryness of both skin and beard. It has been noticed and is a widely acknowledged fact that cold climate is also responsible for causing your dryness of skin. The primary culprit being an overabundance of Malassezia fungus.
Fungal infection like yeast hides away from sunlight in the long hairs of that lush mane of yours. The problem can be solved by shaving off that thick mane; an unacceptable solution.
The cold Winter Months are not allies to a Healthy skin or Hair. With the mercury dropping, many of you will find yourself with the season problem of white flaky particles showing over your dark-colored coats. Winters are generally devoid of the much-needed moisture in the air.
With the dryness setting in does not bode well for the Health of your beautiful beard and the skin underneath it. During winter it becomes dry and flaky causing the perfect condition for dandruff to set in.
Remedies to Beard Dandruff
- Want to Wear that Trendy Black Jacket without causing yourself public humiliation because of the Dandruff?
- Read on to show your style with no compromises…..
- Firstly, you need to start using natural soaps and cleansers to gently exfoliate the skin under your beard. This is the best beard dandruff home remedy as they are not very harsh and are also less prone to leave your skin dry and scratchy.
- Unless otherwise, you want to opt for high-end beard dandruff products; The basic soap will not cut it.
1.Using Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- During winter avoid washing your beard too many times, this might cause your skin to dry leading to but not limited to dandruff, Avoid usage of hot water; instead prefer lukewarm to cold water to wash this will limit your oils from being washed away.
- Dandruff shampoo for hair might not be the best beard dandruff cure but it can help control the itchiness.
- Such products generally contain ingredients like Pyrithione zinc to prevent the growth of fungi and bacteria.
- Some other products helpful in curing beard dandruff would contain ketoconazole which is a prescription level treatment of diseases like that of dermatitis and not limited to beard dandruff.
- Regular dandruff shampoo causes dryness resulting in the scratchy skin. Remember to use oils to combat such dryness. Coconut and Rosemary oil has been found to be effective in the scenario. Apple cider vinegar is also an effective cure for this.
Applying Oils to Treat Beard Dandruff
- Oils naturally produced by your skin help in preventing dry skin. In an effort to prevent Beard dandruff, anti-dandruff chemicals can cause washing away of these natural oils.
- Multiple research studies have shown that natural oils like the tea tree oil are a very effective cure for beard dandruff. Other such oils may include Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Hemp Oil and perilla.
- The dryness of the skin because of the cold and dry winter is majorly responsible for the growth of dandruff. Thus it important that both your skin and beard are well moisturized during these unfavorable times to prevent dandruff.
- By mixing 1 spoon of each olive and coconut oil in a preheated steel container you can create a home remedy for beard dandruff.
- When you want to apply the oil to your beard, first make sure that your beard and the skin underneath.
- Before going to bed at night take a small amount of the oil into the palm of your hands and gently massage it before applying it making sure it reaches the roots of your beard.
- For longer beards use brushes like a boar beard brush. Wash this off in the morning with a mild soap or shampoo. Follow this treatment on every alternate day for maximum effect.
- You can also find products designed specifically for washing, moisturizing and overall grooming of beards.
- Special balms for use on beards can be used after washing. These balms essentially use the natural oils mentioned above.
3. Aloe Vera and Lemon to Prevent Beard Dandruff
- A mixture of Aloe Vera Pulp and Lemon Juice is another effective home remedy for winter dandruff.
- Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizing agent and can effectively help in the prevention of dry skin. Lemon Juice, on the other hand, is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal solution.
- For Best results Mix 2 spoons of Aloe Vera with 1 Spoon of Lemon Juice. Mix the solution and gently massage the mixture making sure it reaches your skin.
- Wash off after 30 minutes of application with water and a mild cleanser.
While all the above-mentioned remedies are effective they are useless unless you maintain a good hygiene. During winter keeping your beard clean is also vital for effective results.
No matter what method of treatment you use without proper and occasional cleaning dandruff will come back. Apart from all remedies keep the following points in mind:
- Make sure the towel used for drying your beard is washed and cleaned, also do not let other people use it.
- Clean your brushes and Combs regularly. Wash them in anti-dandruff shampoo if needed
Maintaining this basic level of Hygiene may seem like an easy thing but in fact is the most effective solution to deal with beard dandruff than any other anti-dandruff home remedy.