Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction
Just like any machine breaks down from time to time, our body also can go through some problems from time to time. Now, these problems can be caused because of a number of factors.
Erectile dysfunction or as it is generally known as penis trouble can happen to anyone and at any time. If it happens only occasionally it is not really a big issue, but if it is more frequent and persistent, then it is definitely something that requires your immediate attention. Penis problems do not just pop up randomly, usually, there is an underlying cause – which can be either be a physical one or a mental one.
There are some symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction that can be easily noticeable. Here are some signs:
- Trouble getting an erection: There is difficulty or trouble getting a hard erection. Moreover, the penis may not be hard enough for penetration.
- Difficulty maintaining an erection: You may get an erection, but the penis does not remain hard enough throughout your session.
- Reduced interest in sex: You may experience a general lack of reduced interest to engage in sex.
You do not want to embarrass yourself when you are in the sack, so having a better understanding of this issue will help you. To know more about this condition, you should speak to a doctor. The doctor will be able to educate you, calm your concerns, clear your doubts and any confusion that you may have as well as treat you. There are many forms in which erectile dysfunction can present itself like:
- Premature Ejaculation
- Delayed Ejaculation
- Anorgasmia, which is the inability to achieve orgasm even after ample stimulation.
It can be safely said, that you would never want to be in such a scenario. Your habits, lifestyle and your choices be could be the ones causing this problem. Let us take a closer look at some of the main reasons:
Physical causes of Erectile Dysfunction
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Some of the common causes include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Smoking and Tobacco Use
- Drug abuse or other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
- The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. A number of things can interfere with sexual feelings and they can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions: Your mental mood is an important factor that needs to be stable for sex
- Stress: If you are under stress, your body will be tensed up, your muscles won’t relax, there won’t be proper blood flow and your performance in the bedroom will suffer.
- For males, sexual performance is dictated by a combination of your body’s blood vessels, brain, mood, emotions, hormones, etc. Erectile dysfunction can result from problems in one or more of them. Also, stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.